[ltp] Ultrabase X6: No SATA support, just PATA-SATA bridge?

Jan Kundrát linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:23:27 +0200

--------------enigC45A1CCFBEED3AE54F80F4CC

Andreas Gredler wrote:
> I bought an Ultrabase X6 for my X60s and the ultrabay S-ATA adapter wit=
> a S-ATA harddisk. I can't get it right to see the harddisk as S-ATA
> device. OOTB it's detected as /dev/hda and if I set hda=3Dnoprobe it
> completely disappears. Does someone know if the ultrabay is only connec=
ted
> over the IDE bridge instead of the S-ATA bridge? Or did I forget someth=
ing?

Are you sure you aren't affected by problem similar to [1]? In short,
try using libata exclusively.

[1] http://linux-ata.org/faq.html#combined

Cheers,
-jkt