[ltp] Ultrabase X6: No SATA support, just PATA-SATA bridge?

Jan Kundrát linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:53:42 +0200

--------------enig9700E7D34167346D4EFFBEE6

Andreas Gredler wrote:
> But in AHCI mode the 2nd harddisk is always claimed by ide-generic
> instead of libata. And I don't want to use compatible mode in the BIOS.=

> The only workaround that I discovered is to use ide-generic as module
> and unload/load the module for hotswapping.

Well, and do you have to use the ide-generic code at all? If libata
works for you, why not be bold and switch to it completely?

Cheers,
-jkt

--=20
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth