[ltp] Ultrabase X6: No SATA support, just PATA-SATA bridge?

Andreas Gredler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:03:09 +0200

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 03:53:42AM +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Andreas Gredler wrote:
> > But in AHCI mode the 2nd harddisk is always claimed by ide-generic
> > instead of libata. And I don't want to use compatible mode in the BIOS.
> > The only workaround that I discovered is to use ide-generic as module
> > and unload/load the module for hotswapping.
>
> Well, and do you have to use the ide-generic code at all? If libata
> works for you, why not be bold and switch to it completely?

I want to, but it doesn't work. If I prevent the ide driver to be loaded
(ide0=noprobe) the harddisk is not detected by libata. That's the
problem described earlier. In compatible mode it works, in AHCI mode I
can't find a way to let libata handle the 2nd harddisk, too.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at