[ltp] T40 Powe Management Problem?

sjk linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:37:09 -0500

Marius Gedminas wrote:

> I assume this is true by looking at Ubuntu's /etc/acpi/sleep.sh, which
> ignores ACPI events when it finds one of the other above-mentioned
> daemons running.  Before it did that, suspending the laptop used to
> result in nice sleep-resume-sleep again cycles when both acpid and
> gnome-power-manager both handled the event.
>
>> This is really annoying as once the machine does into hibernate, I can't
>> get it to come out without rebooting or forcing suspend to disk and then
>> recover from that -- which hoses X.
>
> Doesn't "hibernate" mean "suspend to disk"?  I think you mean "sleep".
>
> Marius Gedminas

Perhaps it is sleep. . . the screen goes blank and I can't recover so I
am not sure what it is. I run pretty light -- windowmaker and acpid. I
have no acpi events or actions defined for the lid. If I kill acpid the
machine still halts when the lid closes -- I did just notice that
[kacpid] is still running -- leaving me to believe it is something in
the kernel. . . .

--
http://www.auroraliberty.com