[ltp] Re: T60 Advanced Mini Dock usb problem

U Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:09:38 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>> Hmm... I have this exact same thing, but I only used the ethernet&DVI ouput
>>> until now.  I'll try it when I get back to my office.
>>>
>>> Does it work if you hibernate&wakeup (aka suspend-to-disk)?
>
> I've just tried it on my machine, and I see the problem you describe
> as well.  But as soon as I suspend&wake up, it all goes back to normal.
> Even suspending to ram is sufficient.
>
> I hadn't noticed it before, because I barely if ever dock my machine while
> it's running.  It's always either sleeping (suspended to ram) or turned off
> (usually suspended to disk).

Maybe unloading and reloading the usb driver modules (uhci_hcd,
ehci_hcd) after putting the machine into the dock helps? I know this
would only be a cheap workaround, but might help tracking down the problem.

Regards,
Ulrich