[ltp] z61p: HotSwapping of UltraBay?

Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:58:07 -0300

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Ted Frater wrote:
> Just something to think about BEFORE you try it,
> I hot swapped a dvd drive out of a 600x and it crashed the bios.

A 600x doesn't necessarily support hot-swapping, but any recent T, R or X
series thinkpad will.  Also, any Z series thinkpad will.  You only need the
proper kernel support for it, because the hardware and ACPI firmware
certainly do support it.

Don't hot-swap a warm-swap or cold-swap device :-)  But the bay in the new
thinkpads is a hot-swap bay.   Just don't go pulling it out until the "bay
is online" LED goes off.

  Henrique Holschuh