[ltp] Can I disable the mouse touchpad on my T43

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:43:01 -0500

On Sunday 04 March 2007 11:57, after a long battle with technology,
Timothy Murphy wrote:
> [I'm using] a T43, which works very nicely. But I find the touch-pad
> slightly annoying, and would like to disable it if that is possible,
> and just use the pointer.
>
> Can I do that under Linux (Fedora + KDE)?

BIOS Setup->wherever the option is->disable touchpad.  Or comment out
the section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf where the InputDevice for the
touchpad is defined, and the InputDevice line in the ServerLayout.
Then restart X.  Or mess around with synclient to make it really
insensitive at runtime.  There are many options here; pick the one that
works for you.

--
   I have had to deal with kangaroos, donkeys, cows, wild pigs
   and some press leaks by former Vice President Cheney.