[ltp] Re: Kernel 2.6.20 and bcm43xx driver

JoY§TiCk ... linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:49:19 +0100

Hi,
well, about the ESSID you could give a try to this:
iwconfig wlan0 ESSID any
if there is no encryption key, the card should get the essid
automatically. If there's a wep key, you could try switching it off
temporarly and see if the card takes the essid on its own. If it does
then you can see how it takes it(lower/upper cases, length etc) and
next time you need to connect you can give directly that essid.
Bye,
JoY