[ltp] RETRACTION: Successful WiFi on T30 under SuSE 10.2 with internal PCI RaLink RA2500 cardbus/miniPCI network card

Glenn Hollowell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Mar 2007 09:13:33 -0900

Hi all,

I'd like to retract an earlier report that I had made regarding getting
a T30 up and running using the serialmonkey driver. Shortly after
posting, the wireless on my laptop became erratic, with the driver only
on the openSUSE wiki and on other blogs where people have wrestled with
the Ralink native driver with only partial success.

Two days ago I installed ndiswrapper on my T30 and the correct driver
from the WL54driver2.2.6.0.zip and have been very happy ever since,
enjoying normal bandwidth and wifi access at times of my choosing.

Ciao.

Glenn