[ltp] Powersaving via X

Simon Williams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:12:02 +0000

Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i just used a windows installed on a T43/ATI, and looked at the energy manager.
>
> There is an interessing Option, "reduce repetition rate" from 60hz to 40hz"
> (its my translation from german->english"
>
> so i wonder, does this really help powersaving? and if it does, how to use it
> in linux?

That's genius. Being a tft that will only show up in movement. Why
didn't I think of that? I've got mine running at about 70Hz I think.

The problem you might have here is that I think 60Hz is the lowest you
can go in most settings. Manual config of xorg might do it, but there is
a strong possibility that the T43 has special BIOS options to do it.