[ltp] Getting screensaver to ignore mouse movement?

Wed, 07 Mar 2007 02:18:09 +0000

Has anyone else had the problem where the infinitesimal drift
(about 0.3 pixel/minute) of the trackpoint causes the screensaver/DPMS
to never activate?  I have never seen this problem on any thinkpad
except for one, which is an old X20 I use as a media center.

Is there a workaround, eg to only make the screensaver care about the
keyboard?  (I'm using KDE screensaver, but I also tried just running
`xset dpms 1800 1800 1800`

I don't mind manually activating the screen-blanker, or writing a script
to monitor the relevant line in /proc/interrupts for the keyboard, then
triggering `xset dpms force off`. But of course, the mouse movement
would wake it up again!

Thanks for your help,

Richard