[ltp] no sound on resume from suspend to disk on thinkpad X31 + 2.6.20

The Anarcat linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:47:59 -0500

Hi!

[please CC, i'm not on the list]

On my X31, suspend to disk works fairly well, except for this particular
problem: on resume, no sound comes out of the speakers (or the
headphones jack). The sound card is detected fine, and I can actually
*play* some files, but not hear the output.

This used to work on 2.6.18, so I wonder if I should not directly file a
bug (where?).

I tried the following:

 1. unloading the modules before suspend
 2. upgrading the bios (which worked marvelously well, but didn't help)
 3. fiddling with mixer levels and toggles madly

I have the feeling I have tried all I could, yet there *must* be
something I am missing, clearly, since I haven't seen a single post out
there detailing the same problem.

I am running Debian GNU/Linux "etch":

Linux mumia 2.6.20-rc6-686 #1 SMP Mon Jan 29 01:10:43 UTC 2007 i686
GNU/Linux

un  alsa                      <néant>                  (aucune description n'est disponible)
ii  alsa-base                 1.0.13-4                  ALSA driver configuration files
un  alsa-oss                  <néant>                  (aucune description n'est disponible)
ii  alsa-utils                1.0.13-2                  ALSA utilities

The sound card is:

 0 [I82801DBICH4   ]: ICH4 - Intel 82801DB-ICH4
                      Intel 82801DB-ICH4 with AD1981B at 0xc0000c00, irq 11

Thanks for any input,

A.