[ltp] results of test ahci vs piix on t60p

Theodore Tso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:44:27 -0500

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 07:20:39PM -0500, Chris Hanson wrote:
> Theodore Tso wrote:
> > Interesting.  As I recall the reason that a number of people were
> > recommending PIIX was that suspend-to-ram and suspend-to-disk wasn't
> > working well with PIIX, where as it worked just fine with AHCI.  Did
> > you try out that functionality on both options?
>
> I think you meant that they were working with PIIX and not with AHCI?

(Sorry for the delay in responding, my MIT mail server suffered a
filesystem corruption --- let it be known it was running Solaris, not
Linux :-), and I only got my MIT mail access restored this
afternoon...)

Yes, sorry, I got it backwards; it was working with PIIX and not with
AHCI.

Regards,

					- Ted