[ltp] advice/comments on the T60

Jon Escombe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:42:49 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Phil,

I don't have a docking station for the T60, but have connected an external panel on the VGA port.

I can have one big desktop stretched across both monitors at the same resolution (both at 1400x1050), or individual desktops at discrete resolutions (in my case 1400x1050 internally and 1600x1200 externally). Unfortunately xrandr doesn't seem able to change the resolution of the external display dynamically, so it looks like you'd need to change the settings in xorg.conf to achieve this...

HTH,
Jon.