[ltp] Re: Getting Fn-F2 to lock the screen

Marcus Better linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:14:20 +0100

Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> I use the Fn+F1 and FN+F2 keys for disabling/enabling the touchpad.

I already have Fn+F8 toggling that (default behaviour of the acpi-support
package in Debian).

> #FN+F1 for disabling
> events # cat touchpad-off
> event=ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001001
> action=/etc/acpi/actions/
                          ^^^
Must be missing something there?

> You need to run the following command to enable all the FN+F1..F12 keys
> for use:
> echo "0xFFFF,enable" > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey

That makes no difference here unfortunately. The keys were already enabled
and reported in the acpid log, but the KEY_COFFEE event is never picked up.

I think that hald and X both listen to ACPI events somehow, perhaps one of
those can be told what to do...

Marcus