[ltp] Re: Getting Fn-F2 to lock the screen

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:40:59 +0100

--=-wJclytPQ3Z/fnNKRtSEi

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 20:14 +0100, Marcus Better wrote:
> Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> > I use the Fn+F1 and FN+F2 keys for disabling/enabling the touchpad.
>=20
> I already have Fn+F8 toggling that (default behaviour of the acpi-support
> package in Debian).
>=20
> > #FN+F1 for disabling
> > events # cat touchpad-off
> > event=3Dibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001001
> > action=3D/etc/acpi/actions/
>                           ^^^
> Must be missing something there?

here you have to add the script you want to call on key event

>=20
> > You need to run the following command to enable all the FN+F1..F12 keys
> > for use:
> > echo "0xFFFF,enable" > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
>=20
> That makes no difference here unfortunately. The keys were already enable=
> and reported in the acpid log, but the KEY_COFFEE event is never picked u=
p.

KEY_COFFEE, what do you mean with this key event?

>=20
> I think that hald and X both listen to ACPI events somehow, perhaps one o=
> those can be told what to do...
>=20
> Marcus
>=20
>=20

Greetz

Konstantin Filtschew

--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-wJclytPQ3Z/fnNKRtSEi

--=-wJclytPQ3Z/fnNKRtSEi--