[ltp] ATI, carefull

Carles Pina i Estany linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:18:04 +0100

Hello,

I just want to write a short mail about one problem

I am using Debian Testing, with X Window System Version 7.1.1, kernel
2.6.20.1 and "ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Version Identifier:8.34.8"

2 weeks ago I connected a projector to my computer and then I executed:
aticonfig --enable-monitor=auto . Everything was working fine but not
one detail: Qt (so KDE too) aplications was not starting up! It was
crashing because "Floating error: division by zero" or similar. Very
disgusting! Specially because I had to show some things and then a Qt
application :-|

I don't know where is the problem, I guess that ATI propiertary driver
is saying some incorrect size to some X function that Qt uses. But I
have not looked further (lack of time).

I just wanted to share it here,

Thanks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona