[ltp] Thinkpad T40 BIOS upgrade, how to update the ECP? (PXE boot)

Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:20:42 -0300

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Oisin Feeley wrote:
> 6. Insert the ECP CD created and tested above.  The machine went
> through POST, but pressing F12 to get a boot device list results in a
> jump to a PXE bootloader screen.  I can then press Ctrl-S to access
> the Setup menu of the Intel Boot Agent 4.1.07  which presents me with
> some choices, namely:
> Network Boot Protocol: PXE/RPL (PXE)
> Boot Order: Use Bios Setup Boot Order (no choices)
> Show Setup Prompt: Enabled/Disabled (Enabled)
> Setup Wait Time: 2s (3s)
> Legacy OS Wakeup Support: Enabled/Disabled (Enabled)

Try entering setup, and fixing the boot order temporarily there to boot from
CD.  While at it, make triple-sure everything in setup is configured as
you'd like it to be.

> It looks as though what I managed to do was to flash the BIOS with the
> new version which does PXE boot only (as is bleedin' obvious from the
> title which I didn't read properly "non-diskette firmware").  Or is
> this because I flashed the BIOS first?

The non-diskette thing means it is not a diskete image you boot from a
diskette, so you do have the correct firmware (it is the same in the
non-diskette and diskette versions -- just the "firmware burner" glue is
different).

  Henrique Holschuh