[ltp] Thinkpad T40 BIOS upgrade, how to update the ECP? (PXE boot)

Daniel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 19:24:30 +0100

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 01:53:25PM -0400, Oisin Feeley wrote:
> I have now observed that the freeze may be correlated with the
> position that the screen is angled at, or the screen being moved. So I
> now suspect that the ribbon cable is something that I should try to
> replace.

Is it possible that the freeze is correlated with applying pressure to
the main case? If yes, that hints at a cracked mainboard.

> diskette/non-diskette BIOS/ECP update, it is possible to flash the
> BIOS before the ECP(hardware controller) in accordance with what Intel
> suggest and in disagreement with the current (Mar 2007) advice on
> ThinkWiki.  Screen corruption problems may be due to the

I cannot agree with that. While I managed to update first BIOS, then
ECP, I had to go and get a USB floppy drive for the ECP update. Trying
from within windoze just hung the system.

Daniel
--
'strip' ist ein tolles Programm, egal ob man ein paar MB Plattenplatz mehr
haben oder seine X11 Installation ruinieren will.