[ltp] Problems with R51e and 2.6.20

transacid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:23:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have exact the same problem here. Switching from 2.6.19 to 2.6.20.
Here are the results:
root@warbird ~ # uname -r
2.6.20.3

root@warbird ~ # time modprobe battery

real=092m35.414s
user=090m0.002s
sys=090m0.003s
root@warbird ~ # time modprobe ibm-acpi

real=090m51.626s
user=090m0.002s
sys=090m0.001s
root@warbird ~ # time acpi
     Battery 1: charged, 100%

real=091m23.016s
user=090m0.000s
sys=090m0.002s

If you refer this you see a huge amount of changes, so i think it has
something to do with that:
http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v2.6/20/drivers/acpi/index.html

What i wonder about is that nobody reported the problem before. i googled
over an hour and all i found was this thread. Attached is my=20
http://www.nabble.com/file/7274/dmesg dmesg .

Thx for suggestions or any help

cheers transacid

Enrico Tr=C3=B6ger wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I recently switch from 2.6.19.1 to 2.6.20.1 and I experience some
> strange delays when loading the ibm-acpi module and while loading the
> acpi battery modul(it's compiled in for my kernel).
>=20
> See the values below:
> Kernel 2.6.20.1:
> endor:~# time modprobe ibm-acpi experimental=3D1
>=20
> real    0m20.005s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     0m0.004s
> endor:~# time acpi
>      Battery 1: charged, 100%
>=20
> real    1m4.502s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     0m0.000s
>=20
>=20
> Kernel 2.6.19.1:
> endor:~# time modprobe ibm-acpi experimental=3D1
>=20
> real    0m0.312s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     0m0.004s
> endor:~# time acpi
>      Battery 1: charged, 100%
>=20
> real    0m6.710s
> user    0m0.004s
> sys     0m0.000s
>=20
>=20
> So, you see that especially the acpi command takes very long(more than
> a minute) to be finished. The same amount of time takes the acpi battery
> module from the kernel. Also, loading the ibm-acpi module takes about
> 20seconds with the 2.6.20.1 kernel.
> Did I misconfigured my kernel or did anything big changed?
>=20
> Regards,
> Enrico
>=20
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.key
>=20
> =20
>=20

--=20
2.6.20-tf3333635.html#a9558820
Sent from the Linux Thinkpad mailing list archive at Nabble.com.