[ltp] T42p fan (update)

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:10:05 -0400

--=-=-=

/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
| I've noticed recently that my fan comes on, and stays on, much more
| than previously (or possibly it's just gotten louder, but I don't
| think so).

Uhm. Until today. Now it doesn't seem to come on at all.

$ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/fan
status:		enabled
speed:		2320
commands:	enable, disable

But the fan isn't running. I'm guessing this is bad. Two automatic
shutdowns because of overheating make me pretty sure.

| I did have the fan replaced, a warranty repair because the old fan
| just stopped working. However, it's been a few months since then and
| this problem is more recent.

Time to send it back again?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm