[ltp] X30 linux installation

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:10:01 +0200

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 10:15:28PM -0400, Steve Thompson wrote:

> Suspend to ram and suspend to disk work quite well, with one minor caveat.
>  I have a custom script for handling ACPI events.  It interprets a
> close-lid event as a trigger to suspend to RAM.  FN-F4 starts a suspend to
> disk.  After booting, suspend to RAM works as expected; closing the lid
> suspends, and then opening the lid wakes up the system and it proceeds as
> normal.  If I do a suspend to disk, subsequent close-lid events invoke
> suspend to RAM, but when the lid is opened I must press the power switch
> to bring the system online.

Similar problem here. Resuming through the lid-switch does not work
always. Sometimes it just needs two seconds, sometimes the
powerbutton has to be pressed.

> Suspending seems to require an instantiated X session.  Before I made X
> work, suspending from the console worked, but the video adapter would not
> come back.  This is not a big deal, but it is a bug.  Documentation I have
> read indicates this is a Linux kernel problem.
For me the display stays black no matter wether X is running or not.
The trick which works here is booting with acpi_sleep=s3_bios.

> I have 2.6.20.4, but the ndis wrapper doesn't work with it yet.  I suspect
> I must upgrade.

Why are you using ndiswrapper? Both wifi mini-pci cards shipped by
IBM should work native

Regards, Daniel.

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq--