[ltp] Re: advice/comments on the T60

Simon Wong linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:11:53 +1000

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 09:58 +0100, Juergen Stuber wrote:
> is there any way to get a good 14" screen?

I have the 14" 1400x1050 LCD using the proprietary ATI driver in Ubuntu
Edgy (6.10) and it crystal clear :-)

Otherwise, the T series are great (I had a T40) prior to this T60.

Suspend to RAM works with Ubuntu but I do find after quite a few cycles
it's time for a fresh reboot.  Hibernate mostly works but not quite as
reliably as Suspend to RAM.

Wireless perfect.

I have done some fiddling with the WWAN card (Sierra) and can talk to it
and get it to return things like signal strength and available networks.
In Australia it is locked to Vodafone - initial testing seems to
indicate you cannot use say your Telstra Bigpond details to connect to
Bigpond.  More testing required...

I have the 2GHz Core 2 Duo and it rocks!

The only thing I'm not so happy with compared to my old T40 is that I
only get about 4hrs battery compared to 5-5.5 on the T40 - I guess the
processor and LCD chew up more power.

Highly recommend the T60 and running Ubuntu - it just works!

--
Simon Wong <linux@wongy.org>