[ltp] Re: X30 linux installation

JP Renaud linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:40:00 +0100

> Date: Friday 30 Mar 2007
> From: Phil <phil@stairbridge.org.uk>
> The reason I'm tempted to go with Ubuntu is I'm fed up of finding all
> the bits that are missing from Fedora due to Redhat's licencing policy.

Which bits exactly? Have you set up the livna repository to provide the
non-free "bits"?

I personaly  switched from Kubuntu (Edgy) to Fedora (FC6) after the upgrade
from Dapper to Edgy did not work that well at all on my R51. I have been
delighted with Fedora so far. I use it on my thinkpad (radeon driver) and on
my high end workstation (x86_64, nvidia quadro, proprietary driver) and
everything seems to work. I had no problems configuring audio/graphics/codecs
etc...

Actually, getting Flash to work on the x86_64 machine was a bit involved I
have to admit.

--
JP Renaud

http://www.jprenaud.info