[ltp] 2.6.21 / whoopie patches / undervolting patch problem

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 04 May 2007 15:22:09 +0200

--=-vkzak6w4ynucJrBdyI79

Finally, after almost a year, I decided I need a new kernel. I took
vanilla 2.6.21 and patched it with everything considered useful, mainly
most of the http://whoopie.gmxhome.de/linux/patches/2.6.21/ patches.

The kernel boots and the computer runs all fine, but as soon as I try to
feed any undervolting data to the voltage_table oder to the
op_points_table, sysfs freezes and does never come back! Any subsequent
access to sysfs results in a permanent freeze of the accessing process.
I'd rather not fall back to the hardcoding-my-voltages-in-the-kernel
solution since I'll need the deb for several similar machines with
slightly different undervolting specs.

Does anyone of you know who wrote the patch and what could be done for a
solution?=20

kind regards,
		Fionn

--=-vkzak6w4ynucJrBdyI79