[ltp] Backup solutions: faubackup (was: Re: USB 2.0 external hard drives)

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 04 May 2007 15:52:52 +0200

At Wed, 02 May 2007 21:38:40 +0200,
Fionn Behrens wrote:
> > Check The --backup and --backup-dir options to rsync.
>
> I can also strongly recommend faubackup

How fast is it?  On a ca. 6 GB partition, can I expect an incremental
backup to an external USB 2.0 device to be done in less than a minute,
if not much data has changed?  What are your experiences?

Currently, I use STAR as an incremental backup tool and - contrary to
GNU TAR - it does it's job very well, and it is extremely fast.  Often
an incremental backup of 6 GB takes only a couple of seconds to an
external USB memory key.

--
Felix E. Klee
Jabber: feklee@jabber.org, SIP: 9779619@sipgate.de, Skype: felix.klee