[ltp] Re: Does hdaps [APS] work on non-Thinkpad hard drives?

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 06 May 2007 00:39:04 +0200

--=-xUIh3DuxBjElK7KW0/qt

I bought a Samsung HM120JC last year as a replacement for the 7k60 which
had become way too loud. It runs very silent, pretty fast and I am
almost 100% sure that it also supports UNLOAD IMMEDIATE.
Whenever hdaps triggers, the drive emits a faint but audible "click"
noise and there is a short transfer rate dropout. As usual the drive
does not advertise this functionality so I need to specify
ide-disk.protect_method=3D1 on the kernel command line

--=-xUIh3DuxBjElK7KW0/qt

--=-xUIh3DuxBjElK7KW0/qt--