[ltp] Problems with Bluetooth

Johannes Bittner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 May 2007 21:33:12 +0200

Hi linux-thinkpad,

at first some information about my system: Thinkpad Z61m, kernel
2.6.20.6, see [1] for my kernel config if that matters.

When I boot my system up and the Bluetooth-LED on my Thinkpad lights up
at boot time, everything's fine, Bluetooth works.

Problems arise, however, if the Bluetooth-LED does *not* light up at
boot-time (i.e. when the kill-switch was turned on at boot-time), or
when I turn on the kill-switch and off again. (with kill-switch I mean
the switch on the front of my Thinkpad, not the one which can be
triggered by pressing Fn+F5).

So, if the above is the case, whenever I switch the kill-switch off (so
that BT/WiFi should work) and then press Fn+F5, which should turn on BT
solely if I understand that correctly, the linux-kernel prints the
following errors:

usb 5-5.1: new low speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
usb 5-5.1: device descriptor read/64, error -32
usb 5-5.1: device descriptor read/64, error -32
usb 5-5.1: new low speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 7
usb 5-5.1: device descriptor read/64, error -32
usb 5-5.1: device descriptor read/64, error -32
usb 5-5.1: new low speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
usb 5-5.1: device not accepting address 8, error -32
usb 5-5.1: new low speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 9
usb 5-5.1: device not accepting address 9, error -32

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

kind regards,
Johannes

[1]http://theclaw.dnsalias.org/misc/kconfig_linux-thinkpad.txt