[ltp] T20 =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=93?= Display flickering and turning of

Wed, 09 May 2007 03:07:34 +1000

--=-9Km+jTJmC9rFEaQIZaFp

Hei,

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 18:20 +0200, Hannes Kuhnert wrote:
> What could cause a flickering display backlight? What could be done to ge=
t it=20
> working?
>=20
> My sister told me that the display of her T20 was flickering on battery p=
ower=20
> and totally turning off on AC power. I haven=E2=80=99t seen it yet, she o=
nly told me.=20
> The display brightness is set to =E2=80=9Cnormal=E2=80=9D in the BIOS, th=
at means, the=20
> backlight is getting more power when on AC, and that causes it to turn of=
f.

Might be that her inverter is about to do a hiatus - a quite common
phenomenon with models from that time. This would be the good news,
since replacement inverters are relatively cheap and you can replace it
yourself (open display frame, remove old inverter, insert new converter,
close display frame). Especially on the T2x series.

The other option would be the light tube itself having trouble, but i'd
actually doubt that for a flickering display, depending on voltage.
Sounds more like the inverter to me.

Andr=C3=A9.

--=-9Km+jTJmC9rFEaQIZaFp

--=-9Km+jTJmC9rFEaQIZaFp--