[ltp] T20 – Display flickering and tur ning of

azazello linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 May 2007 16:04:58 -0400

> What could cause a flickering display backlight? What could be done to get it
> working?
>
> My sister told me that the display of her T20 was flickering on battery power
> and totally turning off on AC power. I haven’t seen it yet, she only told me.
> The display brightness is set to “normal” in the BIOS, that means, the
> backlight is getting more power when on AC, and that causes it to turn off.

Like Andre said, it's most likely an inverter about to give up the
ghost, however I had the same problem when I had to replace a shattered
LCD panel in a T40 and didn't connect the inverter power connector
tightly enough. So you may want to reseat all the inverter board
connectors, and if that doesn't help, get a new inverter. Consult your
Thinkpad HMM on how to disassemble the display panel.