[ltp] Volume buttons turn microphone on

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 May 2007 09:36:45 +0100

Hi

I'm running Ubuntu 7.04 on a T60 2007-63G. Everything seems to work well
(although suspend to ram failed today for the first time :-( but I have
a problem with the keyboard volume buttons. Instead of raising/lowering
Master volume they raise/lower the Playback Microphone volume. Looking
in /etc/acpi it seems that the button presses fire the
vol[up|down]btn.sh scripts, which use acpi_fakekey to insert a
KEY_VOLUMEUP/DOWN keypress, but I can't work out what happens next.

Incidentally initiating a call on skype also frigs with the microphone
recording settings - reducing the level so that the other party can't
hear what I'm saying, but I can't anywhere to configure this.

Cheers
Phil