[ltp] Volume buttons turn microphone on

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 May 2007 14:37:45 +0100

Thanks. I'll give amixer a look.
Skype offers both ALSA and OSS as possibles, I've got mine set to ALSA.
However what I really want to know is how the volume buttons cause my
sound levels to be set. If I knew that I could intercept and stop it
messing with the mike and instead mess with the master volume (probably
using amixer).

Cheers
Phil