[ltp] Volume buttons turn microphone on

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 May 2007 23:49:15 +0100

Found the answer. The Gnome System..Preferences..Sound control (which
I've never noticed before) has a panel "Select the device and tracks to
control with the keyboard". On my system it was set to 'Microphone'.
Setting it to 'Master' cures the problem.
Still don't know what's getting invoked via acpi though :-(

Cheers all
Phil