[ltp] New PowerTOP utility for Linux 2.6.21+ from Intel

Sascha Heid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 May 2007 13:27:41 +0000

Wow, this looks like a extremely helpful program to get the battery-life up.

I played around with it for a while on my Thinkpad X60t.

In Console with as much disabled as i could i had 6 wakeups per
second, but only after disabling ondemand cpufreq scaling and using
userspace-scaling instead, that saved me about 40 wakeups.

Running gnome though i get at least 200 wakeups, when i actually do
something more like 300 or 400.

Now, they say you can achieve running gnome with 3 !!! wakeups, that
would give me easily 2 more hours of battery-life.

Cant wait :-)