[ltp] New PowerTOP utility for Linux 2.6.21+ from Intel

Sun, 13 May 2007 10:53:42 -0300

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Alfredo Matos wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 05:04 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Oops, sorry about not sending this as the start of a new thread.
> >
> > BTW: I did notice ibm-acpi is listed as a power hog.  Maybe when they know
> > more, they will let me know officially what they found out...
>
> Is there any "independent" testing of ibm-acpi (thinkpad-acpi now,
> right ?) on-going with 2.6.21 and the powertop util ?

I think Intel is doing it.   I tried it here on a T43, and ibm-acpi matters
not to the number of ACPI interrupts in my testing.  They climb a lot when
the system goes idle(!), probably the power management of the PCI bus or
somesuch, but whether ibm-acpi is loaded or not didn't make a difference.

Maybe something in userland is pestering ibm-acpi to monitor fans, etc.  If
they find anything wrong with ibm-acpi, they will let me know.

  Henrique Holschuh