[ltp] R40 soft modem & wifi with Debian Etch

Michael Powell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 May 2007 15:33:09 -0400

Is there a set of instructions on how to get these two pieces of hardware working
with Debian??  Oddly, it appears to see both of them during the boot process even when they
are disabled in the bios.  However, Debian does not appear capable of using either one in its
current state.  There is a page that describes how to get them working with Madriva, but I
am not able to get that "translated" to get it working with Debian Etch.

UPDATE:  I actually have the modem dialing, connecting, and sending data by using the
Mandriva page.  However, is there any way to get the modem sounds, when dialing, to "play"
though the R40 speakers?  I have it set to "Loud" in the network config utility, but that setting
does not appear to be influencing how the modem actually works.

I would still like to get the Infrared/Wifi set up, if possible.

Thanks!