[ltp] New PowerTOP utility for Linux 2.6.21+ from Intel

Igor V. Rafienko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 May 2007 12:18:39 +0200 (CEST)

on May 15, 2007, 00:20, Chris Hanson wrote:

[ ... ]

>> (but do check if you should not be removing it on sleep-to-ram).
>
> How do I check that?  By trying it and looking for lossage?

It is the only possible way. Right before going to sleep, write down the
timestamp and the battery capacity. Right after waking up, write down the
timestamp and the battery capacity. Compare the results with and without
ehci_hcd. For my T43 (2669), it makes a difference of more than 0.5Wh
(which is a lot, considering that s2r draws about 260mWh).

[ ... ]

ivr