[ltp] Re: R40 soft modem & wifi with Debian Etch

Michael Powell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 May 2007 17:14:32 -0400

Actually, I am attempting to use the built-in infrared port for wifi, as a website I visited made it
sound like that was what it was for.

However, upon some further research, I think some of the laptops must have shipped with an
Intel PCMCIA card.  Mine is used, and did not come with one.  So, I believe that is probably
my problem.  ;-)  I was attempting to use some hardware for a purpose that was not intended.

I guess a better question is this:  Which Wifi cards or USB sticks are best-suited for use
with Debian, or maybe which ones definately do not work?

I found a site that suggested that multiple Belkin offerings will work with Linspire "out of
the box."