[ltp] New PowerTOP utility for Linux 2.6.21+ from Intel

Wed, 16 May 2007 00:18:01 -0300

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:
> on May 15, 2007, 09:57, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> >The T4x machines work wonderfully.  All *60 machines are on risk of
> >becoming crap because of all the damage Lenovo is doing to their BIOS
> >while trying to make them work with Windows Vista.
>

> Could you elaborate on this one? (or slap me with an url)

I have seen reports from newer "vista-ok" thinkpads going bananas over
ec_intr=1, mishandling (again) the brightness keys/events, and suddenly
people started trying to handle the volume up/down/mute keys in userspace,
which is something nobody ever needed to do on the older 4x series, as they
just worked (same for brighness).

It is not definite yet, but it certainly has me worried.

  Henrique Holschuh