[ltp] power button delay, can i get rid of it?

Sascha Heid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 May 2007 22:46:42 +0000

Hi!

If you hold the power-button for like 2 seconds it triggers whatever
is configured, usually a shutdown.
If you hold the power-button longer it turns off the machine instantly.

Is it possible to get rid of that 2 second delay or is
Linux/ibm-acpi/whatever not even receiving a event before that?

I would like to call my suspend script when i press the power button
that i have on my Display-Bezel (Tablet-PC) but i find it unsettling
if i have to carefully time how long i hold the button down to not
accidentally shut off the machine.

Live long and prosper,
Sascha