[ltp] power button delay, can i get rid of it?

Sat, 19 May 2007 10:29:16 +1000

--=-ANQR3aIKcgmWq3TEnGJD

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 22:46 +0000, Sascha Heid wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> If you hold the power-button for like 2 seconds it triggers whatever
> is configured, usually a shutdown.
> If you hold the power-button longer it turns off the machine instantly.
>=20
> Is it possible to get rid of that 2 second delay or is
> Linux/ibm-acpi/whatever not even receiving a event before that?

AFAIK the bios only reports the event after those two seconds and
there's no way to change it.

> I would like to call my suspend script when i press the power button
> that i have on my Display-Bezel (Tablet-PC) but i find it unsettling
> if i have to carefully time how long i hold the button down to not
> accidentally shut off the machine.

You could configure it to emit a beep or something so you know you can
let go of it.

Andr=C3=A9.

--=-ANQR3aIKcgmWq3TEnGJD

--=-ANQR3aIKcgmWq3TEnGJD--