[ltp] some power saving on thinkpad

Sun, 20 May 2007 15:03:21 -0300

On Sun, 20 May 2007, Alexey Fisher wrote:
> The lowest state is C4 in PIT
> C0 1,9%
> C1 0%
> C2 0%
> C3 0%
> C4 98,1%
>
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

I get with PIT in 2.6.20 readings that are more like what you show in your
HPET tests... weird.

But there is heavy suspicion that dynamic tics and tickless have detrimental
effects (right now - it is a bug to be fixed) on power conservation, as they
are indeed not helping the kernel go from C2 to C3 or C4.

Where is the HPET patch?  I could try to play with it and see if I get some
measurements as well...

  Henrique Holschuh