[ltp] Re: speedstep useful ?

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 May 2007 14:18:15 +0200

On Tue, 22 May 2007 13:31:54 +0200 Fr=E9d=E9ric BOITEUX wrote:

> 	Thanks Tino and Richard for your explanations.
>=20
> I'll test it loading 'acpi-cpufreq' module instead of
> 'speedstep-centrino' and with modules for governors. If I=A0disable
> automatic fixed speeds in BIOS (low speed on battery, high on AC), I'll
> have to change of governor when changing of power source : I=A0suppose
> laptop-mode is the best place to do this, no ?

cpufrequtils, if you want to have static settings (like "always use
governor x with freq from a to b").
cpufreqd, if you want to set such settings dynamically (like "if I'm
watching a movie, give full power, else only half, and if overheat give
lowest"...)

--=20
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd@die-welt.net)
 d(O_o)b  | GPG/PGP-Key-ID: 0xAC15B50C