[ltp] maybe stupid but, t41p && sata ?

Wed, 23 May 2007 14:08:30 -0300

On Wed, 23 May 2007, :phaidros wrote:
> as I know nothing about sata at all, it is not compatible with old
> fashionmed ide?

It requires a converter that has a sata-pata bridge chip in it.

> i ask because I'm looking for a new internal hdd for my t41p, and
> 200gb is only awailable as sata-ii .. any chance to get those running?

Not in the internal bay, AFAIK.  It is not impossible, but someone would
have to create a bay-compatible sata-pata converter, and and I have never
seen anything like that.

You can get a PCMCIA e-sata adapter or USB SATA enclosure, though.

  Henrique Holschuh