[ltp] Non-Lenovo/IBM PATA hard-disks that support head unload?

Sat, 26 May 2007 21:15:22 -0300

On Sat, 26 May 2007, Michael Gaber wrote:
> well i had an old 60G hitachi drive which was easily flashed with the
> lenovo-supplied cd-image on a T40.
> just search the lenovo HP for that tool, there is also a list which
> drives are supported

It is not that easy, you were lucky your drive could take a firmware
upgrade.  That's why I asked for a drive that does UNLOAD IMMEDIATE
out-of-the-box, there must be one out there, since Apple notebooks also have
APS.

  Henrique Holschuh