[ltp] LCD plus DVI on T30 under Ubuntu feisty

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 May 2007 17:46:57 +0200

In October it was explained how to modify the radeon driver so one can use
the DVI port on a T30 docking station in conjunction with the built-in panel.
I quote the instructions below.

I just upgraded my Ubuntu OS from edgy to feisty and of course the driver
was updated in the process.  What do I _now_ need to do in order to use
the DVI port on the docking station in conjunction with the built-in panel?
--
Thomas Hood

=== OBSOLETE INSTRUCTIONS ===
I wrote:
> Get:
>
>   cg-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
>   cd xf86-video-ati
>   git-revert 22860a3c0685a25f982983654303ad02aedc02ec
>
> Build:
>
>   ./autogen.sh prefix=/usr
>   make
>
> (To build I had to apt-get install these packages:
>
>   xserver-xorg-dev
>   xorg-build-macros
>   x11proto-xf86misc-dev
>   x11proto-gl-dev
>
> Readers may have to install other packages which I happened already
> to have installed.)
>
> Install:
>
>   mv /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so_FACTORY
>   cp src/.libs/radeon_drv.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers
>   chmod ugo-x /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so
>
> Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf to add:
>
>   Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, TMDS"
>
> to Section "Device" for Driver "radeon".

=== END OF OBSOLETE INSTRUCTIONS ===