[ltp] T20 won't start

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 May 2007 13:47:39 +0200

--=-aOQp0Y18fTrs/GBJrWhL

Am Monday, 28.05.2007, 00:37 +0200, Michael Karcher wrote:
> I currently (on AC, batteries charged) can't
> reproduce it just now, but I also had it with the current git kernel
> (2.6.22-rc1 + git patches).
I tried a bit further. Suspend to RAM seems to work, as long as AC is
plugged in during suspend and resume. There are a couple of web
references to this problem, affecting mostly T2x and A2x laptops, but no
real solution. Sometimes cooling helps, sometimes unplugging all power.
Various procedures of pushing and holding down the power button are
proposed. I don't believe in the "overcharged capacitor" theory, but a
broken SMD capacitor is very well possible in the voltage regulator.
There are references to a DC/DC board in the A22m, some people tried
swapping voltage regulator ICs without success, unsurpringly, as broken
ICs would most probably not just inhibit starting.

If I get around (don't known when, and if at all), I will try to locate
the DC/DC converter on the system board and check caps, especially for
ESR. If anybody did some work of this kind already, I would be pleased
to know.

Michael Karcher

--=-aOQp0Y18fTrs/GBJrWhL

--=-aOQp0Y18fTrs/GBJrWhL--