[ltp] Wireless hardware radio switch does not work on X60s

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 31 May 2007 12:53:17 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> Lenovo is starting to break the firmware backwards compatibility right and
> left, which has me worried (but it might be a good thing if they make it
> less braindead and then *stick* to the new interface for five years or so
> without breaking it).  Linux support for the X60 is schizophrenic because of
> that, right now.

hm, i own a X60s and updated the bios two days ago to the latest. I for me
believe everything is working just fine on my laptop. And i read the list,
and i know the video module is broken, but i never got it, why i need this
module.. for my current kernels i don't even build the module.

all keys are working
wireless is working
brightness is working
pccard is working
battery life is longer than ever (sind 2.6.21)
bluetooth is working
performance is ok
3d/dri is working
usb/firewire/sound/irda/fingerprint reader/.. is working

i don't use hdaps and tcpa (but tcpa is found on my system)
and is use debian/unstable + 2.6.21.3

so i for my terms cannot follow your statements that everything is going bad.

i owned an iBook, and a T42, and clearly the X60s is the best supported
notebook under linux, i ever found. And some things do even work better
under linux than windows..

so .. and thanks for your working making the above possible.

> They have removed very relevant high-end functionality from the Windows
> thinkvantage suite (a lot of the crypto support being removed is the one I
> noticed immediately, but maybe other stuff was removed too).

i have to use some of these stuff, and the new thinkvantage tools are a LOT
better than the old ones. They removed many features which no one ever needed.
Like the IBM message center..

--
Florian Reitmeir