[ltp] Intel TurboCache and Linux Thinkpads

Nathaniel Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 31 May 2007 14:51:22 -0700

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 05:09:06PM -0400, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
> It's also possible that this mechanism is totally transparent to the
> operating system, perhaps piggybacking on the storage controller or the
> hard disk's internal electronics somehow--the name Intel suggests it's
> built into the SATA controller part of the chipset, though.

Unlikely, though, given that news reports have been that it is only
supported under Vista, not XP.  ("MS didn't want to write an XP
driver.")

-- Nathaniel

--
So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we