[ltp] Fn+F4 does nothing

David Bremner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:04:34 +0100

    Qiuye> On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 09:56:43AM +0100, Michael Gaber
    Qiuye> wrote:
    Qiuye> well, in /etc/acpi/sleepbtn.sh seems to be as follow:
    Qiuye> #!/bin/sh

    Qiuye> test -f /usr/share/acpi-support/power-funcs || exit 0

    Qiuye>  . /usr/share/acpi-support/key-constants acpi_fakekey
    Qiuye> $KEY_SLEEP

    Qiuye> but "acpi_fakekey 142" does nothing.

This seems to be a somewhat common problem; see e.g.

Anyway, the only workaround that I know about is to add a line that
actually suspends the laptop for you. I replaced the call to
acpi_fakekey with

/etc/acpi/sleep.sh

(for details, see
http://www.cs.unb.ca/~bremner/blog/suspend-to-disk-key.html)

Note that this may interfere with gui powersave tools like kpowersave.

By the way, in the future please tell us what distribution of Linux
you are running. Much of the acpi support happens outside the kernel.
Even the kernels are typically customized by the distribution.

David